Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Old Mother Hubbard


I have mentioned my enthusiasm for food, I do like cooking and I love eating.   It seems to me that with very little effort both can be made a lot more interesting than simple necessities of life.   The other night my fridge was doing a bit of a Mother Hubbard impersonation and looking very bare, indeed there seemed very little that would make an interesting meal, and since it was the end of the week I was determined to have something nice even if I was all on my own (ahhh).
So after getting changed a second inspection revealed a couple of burgers and some lettuce.   I grilled the burgers, made a blue cheese sauce with some dolcelatte that was hiding in the depths of the fridge, add in a salad with a home made honey and mustard dressing and a bottle of Cote do Rhone and all in all it turned out to be a very nice diner. 


No comments: