Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 25 August 2013

Androgyny?


Now I have the space all of my clothes are hanging properly in wardrobes, Girl stuff on the right and stuff on the Boy left (the sinister side for the classists amongst you) should be simple yes? Well not so much as for some time I have been buying girl jeans and one or tops that already hang on the boy side, add in a couple of zip up jackets and it starts to get confusing.    There are quite a few girls’ tops that I have found which button up the boy’s way round, and the same with jeans, this makes me wonder increasingly what is the difference.   Well it does seem to me that the clothes sold as girl clothes are generally of a better more fitted cut, and, moreover, made from finer material.

I may be no Andrej Pejic but several times recently I found myself on the way out of the house ostensibly in male mode but the only bits of “genuine” male clothing I am wearing are the shoes, then the other day I bought a pair of low heel brogues off the ladies rack, is this the end of civilisation as we know it?   Or is that just wishful thinking!

No comments: