Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Truly Back

Today will be my first day back gardening since our holiday since yesterday was taken up with admin. work that jus couldn't be put off any longer.   I came down this morning and looking out over the garden it is obvious that there is going to be plenty to do.   I think the temperature has dropped by about 10 degrees since I was last working, nearly all the herbaceous plants have died back and a lot of leaves are down.   And this morning there is a frost on the roof of the neighbour's shed.
 
Yesterday I had a quick sort through the van and put away my hedge trimmer and got out the leaf blower, I think a major part of the next couple of weeks will be spent clearing up leaves.  Not all fallen leaves look as spectacular as these at Westonbirt, but even when they do look nice they will still cause damage t a lawn if left to lie too long, so I will be out with my rake and blawer gathering up sacks of leaves, and generally tidying up.   Meanwhile my own garden is still in desperate need of having the grass cut.
 

1 comment:

LL Cool Joe said...

Tell me about it. All I can see are leaves. :D