Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Retail Therapy

Well I was right about my day's work, in one garden alone I cleared up 10 large sacks of leaves, and since I have to pay for my green waste disposal I do make sure that I compress them as much as possible and squeeze as much in a sack as possible.   I managed a fair bit before it started raining, I had hoped to get one more job in, but at the moment anything I can get done is a relief.  

So I found myself in Beckenham with a little time to kill, and thought I would do what I usually do in these circumstances and had a wander around the charity shops, and I did find a few things I wanted, a pair of moccasins / deck shoes, (my old ones are totally worn out) a nice grey turtle neck jumper (oh dear, yes, it's a ladies one) four pairs of tights (it's getting worse), and then just to cap it all I picked up a couple of nail polishes.   In my defense I will say that I only spent a total of £11 on the whole lot and the shoes were the most expensive item at £4:00 all of which rather makes a mockery of everything I wrote here.   I guess that at heart I am just a little weak willed, but then like Lord Darlington I can resist anything except temptation.

1 comment:

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm lucky I chuck all our leaves in a large ditch on our land.

Shopping for clothes is always fun. :)