Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 22 February 2023

As yet unpublished

While I'm drafting my Blog posts the Blogger dash board show me lots of things I can do with it, different font styles and sizes, bold, italic or underlined text, pictures, links all sorts of things, then there's a button on the top right hand corner just marked "Publish". It's very easy all I have to do is write something, maybe add a pretty picture click the publish button and then hope that somebody will read it.

Over the years I've had a few articles published in print ~ mostly trade press about textiles recycling ~ and on the odd occasion I have had odd bits of stuff published on other sites

As far as I can see it's not so easy with my music, I now have a few original works and several arrangements that I think are worth playing, and that I'm sure other people would enjoy. The problem is how do I get them published? None of the music publishers I have contacted have shown any interest at all, not even accepting submissions. I'm thinking about going in for self publishing, but since the object is to actually get the music played I do wonder just how many people would be aware of my work never mind want to buy purchase copies.

One of my as yet unpublished works
"Borderlands"

I do have a couple of friend who self publish and do manage to get a few pieces out there ~ this is increasingly looking like the only option open to me. If I were a singer/song writer or a rock musician I could put up a few You Tube videos etc. and hope for some interest through them but it's not so easy when for a lot of my work I would need a full Concert band of about 40 people to make them work.

I would seriously welcome any advise, after all there's no pointing in writing music if nobody ever gets to hear it!

No comments: