Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 23 February 2023

My Office Today

I'm writing this on Wednesday the 22nd February and today my office is dull, dank, and dreary but Tuesday was a very different matter, all these photos are from one garden taken yesterday. Far from February being a dead month in the garden there's lots to be getting on with. So far this month I have pruned roses, pruned fruit trees, cut back herbaceous perennials, tidied up ferns, and of course cleared a lot of tree litter etc.

As you may be able to tell, I am very fond of hellebores, to enjoy the flowers at their best it helps to be able to get low, (these are in a raised terrace), it always helps to cut back the old dying or dead leaves before the flowers come out.




I think this is a good time to be moving hellebores, and planting snowdrops. I think it not only helps with laying the garden out, it also seems to help the plants settle. Also, if you still have any bulbs you didn't get round to planting  in the autumn get them in the ground now before they rot or totally dry out.

Here in the South East it has been quite mild so it won't be long before I start cutting grass!




No comments: