Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 6 March 2017

Has spring Sprung?

Well today has dawned bright and sunny, maybe spring is here, I certainly hope so as I have a lot of work to get done this week. Not least of which is to finish clearing up after Doris the other week!

While I'm not entirely sure that Winter has given up the fight, as I go round the gardens I see many signs of spring, daffodil and tulip bulbs are showing, and many snow drops and crocuses are in full bloom.   Roses are budding (and getting pruned), the soil may still be cold and I think it will still be a couple of weeks before I start cutting grass, but, as the days get longer and the temperatures rise I feel myself coming back to life just as I see it in the plants.


On Saturday I played with the Sussex Symphony Orchestra we had quite a challenging program with works by Berlioz, Offenbach and Saint Saens.   I have played with this wonderful orchestra quite a few times now, under two different conductors, and I think this may well have been the best one yet.   The strings had really got their act together, and were playing with good intonation and were very together, the wind had more confidence than they have shown in previous concerts and the clarinets were simply fabulous in the "Fantastic Symphony"

The SSO in Rehearsal in All Saints Church Hove

No comments: