Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 12 December 2016

Advent Calendar XI

OK, so I know that most of you will think this is late, but I have an excuse!

I woke up this morning in a bit of a panic, I had gone to bed a little later than I had planed, after first playing in a concert, and then going to the TransPALS Christmas dinner.   On waking up I checked my alarm clock, bounced out of bed pretty unconvincingly, a quick shower and get dressed, before throwing what I needed for the day into a bag, grabbing my Tuba and  getting under way.   I was worried about being late for the Tuba Carols on the steps of St Paul's Cathedral.

It was only when I got there and there weren't any other Tuba players in evidence that I actually got round to checking the arrangements and realised that I was very nearly two hours early!   Now it is pretty much unheard of for me to be on time, never mind early

Well at least this gave me a chance for a cup of coffee and a bacon sandwich, it also gave me time for a chat with a few friends before we started playing, the down side was that I had to leave early for a rehearsal for the evening's concert.

This year I think we had about 30 of us, Euphoniums, Eb and EEb tubas, BBb Tubas a couple of us on CC tubas, at least one F tuba along with a couple of Sousaphones.   I have to admit that I'm not at all sure how musical a sound we made, but it's a lot of fun to play, even if possibly not a lot of fun to listen to.

Hopefully somebody will have made a video and will share it, in which case I will share it (them) with you all as well as these two photos I took from my place at the back.


No comments: