Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 25 October 2015

Honey, I'm home!

Well it feels as though I have been away, but in fact I have been at home all the time, it's just that home has moved.  I have been through the pretty traumatic process of moving home, and amongst other things that has meant that I have been off line for around a week.

It was an interesting experience to have no on line presence for that time, I got on with so much stuff that would have been put on one side while I wasted spent time with my friends on Facebook and the like. in some ways it was liberating, but when the lovely Perry from BT came round to sort out my broadband there is no way I was going to stop him.

Amongst other things I realised just how dependent I have become on the internet, phone numbers, post codes, directions, all get checked/looked up on line. Forms are submitted on line, e-mails have replaced letters, and even quite a lot of my work is done on-line.

However walls can't be painted, curtains can't be hung, and boxes can't be unpacked on-line, so if I'm not around as much as I have been for a while content yourselves with thought that at least I am getting well hung curtains

No comments: