Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 1 February 2015

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't

Sometimes I miss quite a few days blogging, others I will post something every day, maybe even more often than that!   Sometimes I will not write anything because I have nothing to write about, as life just goes through it's normal boring routine.   Got up went to work came home had dinner, went to bed, type stuff.   But my days are rarely like that, for one thing my work is very rarely the same any day to any other.   I am doing different things in different places for different people, never boring, often challenging and, rarely sufficiently remunerative.   And then my evenings are often occupied by meetings, rehearsals and, performances.

I have not posted for the last few days not because I have been living a boring life with nothing to talk about but quite the opposite.   I have been so busy I have not even had time to read other people blogs never mind trying to write up my own.   Work wise I have been engaged on a little paving job which I am actually rather enjoying, but it is quite tiring.   After work I should have been out at something or another every evening since last Tuesday (the 20th) but then on this last Tuesday (27th) I was so tired that when I got home from work I sat down and fell asleep, not to wake up till after nine O'clock, far too late for the dinner I should have been at.

Bass Face!
Lots of these engagements have been musical ones, I have played Trombone at an evening Orchestra service, and in a concert performance of Verdi's Giovanna d'Arco, Tuba at a rehearsal and Electric Bass at a Church Cabaret, and at St Christopher's Hospice.   I have been to a funeral and I have had breakfast with my brother.

In all these cases it now seems pointless to say that I did this or that as Paula, or "dressed" or "en femme" since that is now me.   What now feels more remarkable, and more unnatural are the odd occasions when I have to go back to being him.   I don't dislike him or regret the man I was (I may well write more on this idea latter), it's just that I am now entering fully into a new stage of my life.

No comments: