Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 11 November 2013

Rugby, Rant, and Rain

Well that was a thoroughly exhausting but rather good weekend.   Although my personal level of activity was a bit lower than planed thanks to not being able to work in the rain on Saturday morning, I enjoyed Saturday night's meeting and Sunday night's rehearsal.   I also enjoyed watching the Autumn Internationals on the TV.   Wales against South Africa and England against Argentina.

Wales were very good but South Africa were immense, it was a bruising physical encounter with few glimpses of any magic apart from one scintillating try from a Brian Habana break, but for those of us who enjoy the physicality of the game there were some good battles "up front"   As for the England game I only get to see highlights but that seems to mean the first half.   If England do manage to play a whole game they could be awesome, but the are yet to be the finished article.   But none of this is what concerns me here, you can get much more erudite commentary and opinion on the quality of the rugby elsewhere, what concerns me is that while browsing through the BBC's rugby website I find that England Ladies beat France 40 - 20 now that sounds like a game worth watching, but of course we weren't allowed the opportunity.    The only two games that the BBC showed were the England and the Welsh matches.    I would have liked to see Scotland and Ireland play as well as the ladies, these are major international matches surely the BBC can find somewhere in the schedules of 4 TV channels to let us see at least some highlights of all these matches.

A little late but that is my Weekend Wobbly

In the meantime I am beginning to feel a bit Hagar

No comments: