Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 11 August 2013

Shaveing

I used to have an on-line friend who would talk about the moment when "The Girl Emerged" I think that for her this was the point at which the physical "He" would be less obvious than the spiritual "Her" allowing the Her to be dominant.   For me I used to think of this as the point at which I could look in the mirror and see a she rather than a he.   I now find that I often see a she in the mirror even when I am not dressed or indeed even sometimes when I am in drab.

I think part of this is since I changed my hair style, and when I am not working I have started wearing a gold (coloured) chain, also of course now I am home alone most of the time I quite often have nail polish on.   The other morning I was struck by the incongruity of the image looking back at me in the mirror, there I was with my waved hair, gold chain, red finger nails and shaving foam all over my face.   When I can work out how I must take a photo.

I have also been trying keep all my body hair as clear as possible, I have noticed that my chest hair seems to grow faster than any other, at risk of sounding like a bad taste Billy Conolly stand up routine, isn't it all just hair, why should one bit on the same body be different to others?   My other thought is that since I started shaving I have followed in my father's footsteps, he taught me to shave using a shaving soap bowl, and I always have.   I now wonder if using one of the more modern products would help me get a cleaner finish.   Once again I am seeking advise, I know there are foams, and gels, as well as various soaps, I just don't know where to start.

No comments: