Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 8 July 2013

Family fortunes

I mentioned here that I had come out in an e-mail to my brothers, I hadn't fully appreciated that they were actually both on holiday when I sent the mail.   I have yet to have any reaction from one ( he's the middle I'm the "baby") but I spent much of the weekend in Cardiff including a couple of hours with my eldest brother.   He was wonderfully accepting, understanding and reassuring.

It is good to be assured of unconditional love, as a family we are not good at expressing our emotions, or indeed much else, so it was good to hear.   It has also made me more determined than ever that I shall start to express my love more to my wife and daughter and not expect the to know what I am not saying.   I fear that I have not had good role models in this respect, I just hope it is not too late for me to be a better role model than my parents were for me.

No comments: