Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Concert IV

No don't worry I am not going to analyse whatever Berlioz was on when he wrote the Symphony or discuss the orchestration of the Villa Lobos, just a couple of final (maybe) observations from that night.

The first thought is around how comfortable I felt, bit because I was wearing an old pair of slippers, because I wasn't, no it was just tat I was very comfortable in tat environment, presenting Paula to the world.   The concert platform is an environment I now inhabit pretty naturally however to be that comfortable doing it in a dress was a bit of a surprise.   The first concert I played with LGSO I was probably more concerned about how I looked tan about how I sounded.   This time I did of course take care how I looked, but it was more about enhancing the performance, looking good, feeling good and playing well.   The initial excitement of going out to play wearing an LBD as passed, leaving a greater satisfaction, a comfort with who and what I am.   As I have at least two more black dresses that need to be shown off I a already looking forward to the next one.

The second thought is that for the first time that I can remember I felt slim.   I am aware that I weigh less than I have since I was in my late teens, and then it was only for a sort time.   I am also aware that this is down to lifestyle and the physical nature of my work, so although I am carrying very little fat, there is still a fair amount of muscle.   I will admit to having navies' arms and shoulders, but at one point during the afternoon, and then again later after getting changed, something about the movement of the fabric of my dress just made me feel slim.   I have to say that this was a truly sensuous experience and one that I hope to be in  a position to repeat.

I don't know when I will next have the chance of an outing, the Orchestra like many others takes a break over the summer, and I will not be able to get to the next support group meeting.   The weather looks set to be fine for a while so I will be making the most of that to get lots of work done.   All in all for the next few weeks Paula will have to take a back seat, and in the mean time I am calling a moratorium on any spending, clothes, make up, jewellery, whatever, any spare cash is getting put aside, with any luck we may even get a holiday this year after all.

No comments: