Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 21 April 2013

Chicken with Lemon and Spam

I don't usually publish spam, but there is one that came in on my earlier Breakfast post that just defies all sensible interpretation, I think I will offer a prize for anyone who can tell me what it means.

Well I would like to point out that I didn't just cook breakfast I also cooked lunch! we had a late lunch since I was the only one up at a sensible time.   Yesterday I bought some chicken thighs, cheap and very tasty, I roasted these with whole cloves of garlic lemon and fresh Rosemary, thyme and sage, served up with diced roast potatoes with onion and some fresh crusty bread.   The roasting juices from the chicken with the lemon juice and herbs made a sauce that just needed to be mopped up with bread.   I followed this up with a lemon tart which I have to admit to buying.   I did make some chicken liver pate but since it is definitely no slimming world friendly it looks like I shall be enjoying that on my own for lunch for the next week or two.

Strangely the urge to dress up is not very strong at the moment,  but since I had a rehearsal for next weeks LGSO concert and they only know Paula I actually had to.   Once I was dressed (mauve tunic with black leggings and ankle boots) and got to the rehearsal it felt, well it just felt right.   I am looking forward to the concert next week, we are playing some great music, my good friend B will be coming and I get to dress up, I think that ought make me a pretty happy bunny.

No comments: