Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 7 February 2013

Communication

I think the root of the problems in or marriage are down to poor, or no, communication.   I remeber things y wife said to me but she denies, and on the other hand there are things she swears blind I was told about that come as a complete surprise, I wonder how much of this is down to "Mala pattern deafness", how much is down to my actual deafness, and how much is down to unfulfilled intentions, as in she meant to tell me but never quite got round to it.


It seems that Sherman has some of the same problems!   Somehow I suspect that Sherman would not be going too counselling, personally I am hoping that a bit of external discipline will sort us out (NO! not like that, go and wash out your mind)

2 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha, mind washed. I hope you can sort your problems out. I find all the arguments I have with my partner are due to issues with the kids.

Nadine Spirit said...

I have been with my wife for 26 years, though not married that long. Ever since we met I have tried desperately to have good communication with her, unfortunately it is not something one can do by themselves. Both people have to be committed to speaking well and listening well. Both aspects are needed for good communication and good communication I believe is essential for a good relationship.