Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 22 February 2013

A Trip to Town

Today my daughter and I had an outing together, although it was to a event (London Fashion Weekend) I wanted to attend I found I was looking forward to the time with my daughter more than the event.   My daughter is very interested in fashion and I am now admitting much more to my interest.   We travelled up to town by train and then had lunch together at the Cafe Rouge near Charring Cross.

Ordering our lunch I slipped and automatically ordered myself a glass of wine, then I realised that it is Lent and I am committed to giving up booze, I rushed over to the waitress and cancelled my order, I felt such a wilf!   We had a nice cosy place in the corner and had a good chat and the food was good as well, I had a simple Caesar salad and my daughter some mushrooms Florentine before we both had a smoked salmon omelet.

It was very cold outside today and when we left the restaurant the chill soon got through to me, it must have been worse for my daughter as her sense of fashion was stronger than her sense of self preservation so she had rejected wearing a coat, at least she did have a hat.   We scurried up The Strand to Somerset House and the show.   We picked up our goodies bags and got in the warm of the exhibition.

to be continued;~~~~~~

3 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Was the Cafe Rouge nice, I've heard about it, but never been there?

Paula said...

Yes, I like Cafe Rouge, they g out of their way to create a bistro type environment, and manage to combine good reasonably priced food and drinks with a pleasant setting and decent service. At lunchtime most of them have a fixed price menu which is just right for lunch, assuming you aim to do anything in the afternoon.

LL Cool Joe said...

Sounds good to me. I don't get to London much but when I do I'll check it out.