Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 3 January 2013

Leading the way

In the UK we don't have a tradition of cheer leading in the same way that they have in the USA, on the whole I think that is probably a good thing.   It seems to me to be anther area where gender stereotypes are imposed.   At a time where sports, music, and so many other activities are becoming more and more open to either gender it seems silly to have any bastions of sexism embraced by schools of all institutions.

I found this picture on newmalefashion as far as I ca tell from the photo there are both male and female cheerleaders here, all in the same uniform.   I can imagine that some parents and fellow students might not be overjoyed by this, but I think it looks like they are having fun.

1 comment:

LL Cool Joe said...

It does look like they are having fun. It seems a good idea to me. Maybe they should make the outfits a bit more unisex and then no one could get pissed off, or could they?