Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 4 November 2012

Rain, Rain go away

We had planned to spend the day at Brands Hatch watching truck racing and a fireworks display at the end, to get in the full day's racing we would have had to leave by around 9:00 it is currently 8:30 and neither of my ladies is yet out of bed.   Perhaps more to the point it seems to have been raining all night and is forecast to carry on raining solidly well into the afternoon.
At the moment I am not at all sure that we will be going at all, there is not a lot of fun to be had sitting in a wet grandstand, exposed to the weather when he weather is wet and cold.  The car parks are the adjoining fields and I expect that they will be pretty much water logged and muddy so parking could well be a bit of a problem as well.   A shame, I had been looking forward to this as a nice end to our holiday, a final outing together before we all get back into our busy regular routines again.

Tomorow we are all back, my daughter at school and my wife and I at work, although I shall probably be working from home catching up on paper work for much of the day.  Can't say I'm actualy looking forward to it much.

No comments: