Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 6 August 2012

A Bear Behind

Not this teddie
The other day my wife decided that one of my teddies needed washing, this was very nice of her as it is something that I would probably not have noticed, however the teddie in question had a little device inside that would squeak "I love you" every time he got squeezed.   To save injury she decided on surgery removed the squeaker, and his green satin heart and attached his back, back together with safety pins.   That was about a week ago so tonight I gave in and sewed him back up.   He is now all safely joined up at the back, complete with heart in place and properly dressed in a pair of quite fetching boxer shorts, he is however now mute.   This bear is particularly precious to me since a couple of years ago he was made for me as a Valentines day present by my daughter at the Bear Factory in Cardiff, when one of our periodic trips down there coincided with valentines day.
This Teddie




I had written this post up to this point earlier today so as to have something ready for posting in the morning, but this evening we have had a bit of a drama which may effect what I am doing for the net few days at least.   On her way home from Church this evening my daughter had some sort of fit, so we called 999 and she has been taken into one of the local Hospitals for assessment and observation.   All the tests the paramedic and on ambulance nurse could do showed everything as normal, but she was in spasm and very weak and rather frightened.   My wife has gone in with her and left me at home beside myself with worry.   While I have every confidence that she is basically fit and strong, like any parent I am worried, and at a time like this very grateful for the prayers and support of our friends.

1 comment:

LL Cool Joe said...

Oh no, I hope she's okay! Out eldest daughter had the same thing and ended up in hospital too. I think it may quite common at her age. My prayers are with her and you too!

Cute bear. :)