Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 28 May 2012

Whacky Races

I got back from my trip to Cardiff late last night, there are a few stories to relate from the trip, and I will as and when I have the chance to sit down a compose my thoughts a little.

First I was there to see my Mother, not to attend the Trombone conference (although that might have been fun) or to watch the Olympic flame pass (I shall be doing that later on when my band plays as it goes past).

I have not managed to watch all of Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix yet, I just got to watch the last 10 laps or so, now I don't understand what is going on the season, we have had six different winners in the first six races, drivers do really well for a race then dive down the grid.   I am very pleased to see Mark Webber as a winner, but equally disappointed to see Jenson Button on a DNF.   I am rather reminded of the old TV cartoon series Wacky Races and on my way home last night I was trying to see how many of the competitors I could remember, here's my effort.

Penelope Pit-stop
Peter Perfect
Professor Pat Pending
The Ant Hill Mob
The Boulder Brother
Dick Dastardly and Muttley

Can you remember more or the names of the cars?

1 comment:

Pretty Sissy Dani said...

This link will give you everything you ever needed to know about "Wacky Races":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wacky_Races

Oh, and you have one of the contestants wrong: It's the Slag Brothers in the Boulder Mobile.