Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 19 April 2012

Knickers?


While I was getting some groceries for Mum in Tesco’s on Saturday I couldn't help noticing that they had a special offer on panties, three for £6 as they were £3 or £4 each this seemed a pretty good deal so I thought I would take advantage.   I am intrigued that on the receipt each individual item is shown as lingerie, yet the discount is for knickers.
There is an awful lot of other news I need to be writing about, but for now suffice to say that my van passed it's MOT yesterday without too many problems, I had no work booked today (it was raining anyway), and since a parcel had arrived for me at P's I spent a good part of the day with her, and once again we were ladies who lunch.   I will tell more later

1 comment:

Pretty Sissy Dani said...

I remain amused by the differences between US and UK usage. "Knickers" (a shortened form of "knickerbockers") over here are the old-fashioned pants worn by pre-adolescent boys that buckled at or around the knee, as in the line from "Trouble" in The Music Man: "The minute your son leaves the house, does he re-buckle his knickerbockers below the knee?"