Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 15 December 2011

The end of the road

When I left you yesterday I was just about to still on the road, just about to stop at the Starbucks north of Guildford on the A3.   I have stopped here before and it has been reasonably friendly but nothing special.   Well bearing in mind how I was dressed (see yesterday's photo) it is not that surprising that I got a couple of looks as I queued for my coffee.   The chap in front of me certainly gave me a second, and a third glance, I just smiled.   My turn to order arrived and the girl was friendly taking my order for Latte and Carrot Cake, then after the order she asked if I had had a good weekend, and then what I had been doing, we ended up having a short but very pleatant conversation   I'm not sure if this was her being genuinely nice, trying to show up other customers, scoring points by being nice to the weirdo, or perhaps she just liked the way I looked and wanted to know me a bit better.   What ever the reason she was very nice and I enjoyed the chat, indeed she made my day, it cost her nothing but brought me right back on form.
Well I settled down with my coffee and my book, and I couldn't help noticing that the Guy in the queue in front of me still kept glancing in my direction, so I kept a bit of a watch on him, he never looked at my face - no just my legs.   I may have been a bit naughty and after that showed a little more thigh than was absolutely necessary ( and believe me with that skirt showing quite a bit of thigh is absolutely necessary).   He left before me looking a little flustered, having given me a bit of Innocent amusement, and the rain having almost stopped I made my way homeward.

Not wanting the Paula time to end I stopped off at the pub I popped into last Sunday evening and wrote about here http://paula-paulasplace.blogspot.com/2011/12/100-today.html this time I as not only accepted as a welcome customer but engaged in conversation by the landlady.   We had quite a chat about the book I am reading, the local library and stuff in general.   When I have finished reading this book I think I will take it up there for her.   I shall definitely be returning to this pub, on a pretty regular basis,   On the face of things it has pretty much everything, a good range of beers and wines, friendly owners, nice decor ad comfortable chairs, and the clincher nice clean well presented loos.   If  I get a chance I might even try out there lunch menu - now who can I get to take me out to lunch?............

No comments: