Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 14 December 2022

Am I mad?

This is a question I have to ask myself every now and then, I was asking myself this over the weekend as I contemplated just how much money I had just spent on a new Tuba! Then on Monday evening my regular rehearsal was cancelled, so I got to play in the Christmas concert given by my friends at the All Saints Concert Band. This did indeed confirm to me that I had made the right decision, yes it was a lot of money, but the new tuba is so much easier to play, the articulation is so much cleaner, and there is definitely enough of a sound there to support a band.

After that the disappointment set in that I will only get to play it at one rehearsal in what's left of this year as everything else would be conducting or on trombone ~ don't get me wrong I love playing Bass trombone (not so much tenor!) and conducting is the most fun, the most artistically satisfying thing I do, but I would like to play with my new toy! Well I have now accepted two further Gigs, on Saturday and Sunday evenings, so I will get to play my two favourite instruments at least once more this year! Last week I thought I was a little bonkers having four performances over four days, this weekend I now have four performances over two days! Hence the question "Am I mad?!"

On Monday I sat down to write my Christmas cards, only to find that I couldn't find them! I'm sure I bought some in January but where they are I have no idea ~ since they're not in the right place the only thing I know is that they're in the wrong place. I have bought some more but I think it'll be too late for the post ~ so if you haven't had a card from me, sorry it may still arrive or I've just given up.

Now I'm off to lunch with my Daughter, always a highlight.

Note to self ~ must take more photos!

No comments: