Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 10 January 2020

My office today

I started this occasional series of posts because I got fed up with hearing too many people assuming that we all work in offices or schools.


This post has been inspired by all those people who ask me what I do during the winter. These are the same people who think and talk about "putting a garden to bed". The garden doesn't go to sleep and there is stuff that needs doing all year round.

This week I have been cutting back ivy and tidying up a hedge. Next week I'm replacing a fence. There's all the dead herbaceous plants and ferns to cut back, the vegetable patch to clear, if it's not in production. Many gardens will still have leaves to clear and paths to maintain.

No, the winter is not a time for gardeners to stop work, just like every other season it has it's round of tasks, chores and joys, like those winter aconites I photographed earlier today. 

2 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I agree, there's always stuff to do in the garden all round, but I do enjoy not having to cut the grass so much.

LL Cool Joe said...

And now it's the middle of March and I bet you are even busier! I hope all is well with you and your family.