Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 13 December 2019

Advent Calendar XIII

As you might have noticed the results of yesterday's election came as a bit of shock to me. I shall now try to put it behind me, after all the sun did rise this morning and it will again tomorrow. As the polls were drawing towards their conclusion last night the Croydon Brass Band combined with a local choir led by a good friend.

As I think the photo shows I thoroughly enjoyed myself, playing a bit of sleigh bells as well as my more usual conducting.

We hope to squeeze one more playing opportunity in before the new year, all else being equal we will be going outside and playing some carols in Croydon on Monday evening.

We have already had one outdoors caroling experience last Saturday when we played for the switching on the Christmas Lights for South Norwood ~ I know we get all the glamorous jobs. It was very nice to be part of an event supported by all of the local councillors and the Mayor of Croydon ~ so we had to take advantage and get a photo of the Band with the Mayor.


No comments: