Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 5 December 2019

Advent Calendar V

Only a few days in and already I'm posting a bit late. Strangely this is the time of year when I'm usually a bit short of work but at the moment I'm very thankful to be really busy with the day job! Of course the early dark evenings make it much harder for me to get a long or even a full day's work done, much more than 5 or 6 hours is a challenge. Indeed I have worked booked for everyday untill I go away for Christmas, so I just hope that the weather holds fine!

The other day I wrote a little about an old time music hall concert I played in. This was one of the strangest performances I have been part of - and that's saying something! These two photos are of me doing my stuff that night, in the first I am "playing" dustbin bass and joining in the chorus of "My Old Man's a Dustman" in the other I'm playing "Pretty Little Polly Perkins of Paddington Green" as a tuba solo. What can I say? The best instruments are played sitting down! 

1 comment:

J said...

Ho coincidental that I am a part time CD and have played Trombone (valve), Baritone, and Tuba.....common trans traits? :)