Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 9 December 2019

Advent Calendar IX


I realise that yesterday's post wasn't exactly informative! Having committed to posting everyday up to Christmas is proving quite a tough ask, especially since I have had quite a hectic weekend.

Saturday I played with Croydon Brass Band for the switching on of the Christmas lights at South Norwood ~ yes I did play, rather than the full band it was more a case of "Members of the Croydon Band" we were a bit short of basses so rather than conduct I played and had to rely on everyone following. I think we played well and sounded good. The Mayor came along as did the local Councillors, the MP must have been occupied elsewhere!

The lights were actually switched on by Santa, I was hoping to sit on his knee, but he managed to escape!

I was also hoping for some photos to share ~ maybe before too long they'll show up.

After that I went for dinner with some friends, staying over so I could have a glass or two. The morning was filled with a rehearsal before dashing up to town for the Orchestra concert. With all the running around and work I've been doing I have started to make mistakes. First of all on Saturday I forgot to pack my dress for Sunday, then much worse when I got to the orchestra run through before the concert I found I didn't have my music, I had left it at home. A frantic dash home and back I arrived in time to play, but was a bit flustered which never helps.

Yesterday's photo was taken in the pub straight after we played ~ I think everybody else was a bit shy of having their photo blogged.

I often wonder if anyone is reading this, I write it then send it our into the ether and just hope, so it was a real joy to meet a reader last night, she had come to enjoy the concert after reading about it here!

3 comments:

LisaP said...

Paula, it was a tarrific concert, performed by fantastic musicians. Thank you for sharing your music. I am also happy that I had the chance to meet you! Lisa

Leann said...

Just wanted to confirm that there is at least one other reader of your blog. I don't quite live in "your neck of the woods" so you will have to count my virtual self!

Anonymous said...

Yes you are read....by someone who crossdresses for an hour late in the night in a cold garage space one foot square and gets depressed the rest of the day.I look everywhere for solace and hope I don’t need to leave my address cos then this won’t get to you. Thanks ....N.E. seaside Janice p.s. sites like yours help .Bless you.