Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 26 August 2019

Honey, I'm Home!

I've not been around here much, for quite a while, indeed I see that my last post was for Easter, and a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then! I do like to keep busy, and I have done that so well that blogging seems to have gone a little by the board, but somehow it now seems like it's time to get back to doing some writing. I have missed writing and I have missed , my blogging buddies. Rather than try to catch up with everything that has happened, and everything I have thought since April I will try to restrict myself to current thoughts and events.

You will be pleased to know that when I say "current events" I have no intention of writing here about the self destructive path my Country has collectively embarked on, I will instead try to continue to stay non political here, if not in other places.

I am immensely pleased that even though I will be celebrating my 61st birthday in a couple of weeks I am still finding lots of new experiences to enjoy, new music to play and new places to play it. This is a photo from last weekend (17th August 2019) taken of the inaugural performance of the new UKLGBT Orchestra playing at St David's Hall in Cardiff. We were playing at the Gala Concert at the end of the Hand in Hand Choir Festival - I'm the glamorous tuba player on the extreme right of the stage!

I aim to be writing a lot more, but in order to do that I think I need to give myself some targets ~ of course they need to be SMART targets, Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely. So I will simply say that I will aim to make at least one post per week between now and the end of the year, that should be doable!

In the process I hope to catch up with all my blogging friends, record my adventures, and maybe promote some of the groups and activities I am involved with a little as well. For many of those groups it is an exciting time, both The Croydon Brass Band and TransPALS are going through a period of reinvention as they grow in membership and begin to have some operational funds. I'm looking forward to being active in the next stages of both. There are many things going on that cause me concern, much of the news I hear and read feels universally negative and frightening, yet the people I meet and the activities I take part in always seem to encourage me.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I'm glad to hear that you're back and holding the bottom (on the tuba, but maybe it could be literal). I have read some not-so-wonderful stories from those recovering from their surgeries, so was a bit concerned about your being absent from your blog. It sounds as though everything is OK in that department. Anyway, welcome back!