Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 13 December 2016

Advent Calendar XIIV







The other day I had a little rant about Christmas songs that have nothing to do with Christmas, maybe I am a bit of an old curmudgeon, but I suspect it has more to do with just how many of these I end up playing each year.   So far I have had five seasonal performances and there are still three to go, indeed this week I will be out every evening, mostly rehearsing or playing.   With all of this it is quite easy to forget exactly what it is that I am celebrating.

So behind today's door we have a couple of nativity scenes, to remind us about just how the creator of all  decided to enter into creation.   I like this one as it shows the exhaustion of Mary, the awesome watchfulness of Joseph, no cute sheep, no angels, just two tiered people and baby.

On the other hand.......

No comments: