Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 10 November 2016

WHAT HAVE WE DONE!!!

I am getting fed up with waking up, switching on the radio news and then thinking OH NO, WHAT HAVE WE DONE!   My first reaction, yet again, is that this is the end of life as we know it, and that we're all going to hell in a hand cart Of course I can't know the future, but suddenly it all seems a lot bleaker than it did at the beginning of the year.

I am reminded of sermon I heard a while ago, where basically we were being told that since God gave us the gift of free will and the ability to make decisions then maybe we shouldn't pray to him that we make the right decisions, but that we should pray that the decisions we make are the right ones.   Well I feel a bit like praying that this is all a dream and that I will wake up soon, I find it difficult to understand how some of these decisions could ever be "right"; but maybe it is especially since I disagree with them so much that I should be praying to God that he won't abandon us, that we will seek his will, and that somehow he will use our new situations for good.

I am quite certain that we all need to pray!

No comments: