Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 5 June 2016

Sabath!

It seems to me that I am always complaining about being busy, but never actually doing anything about becoming less busy. In some ways I'm just a girl who can't say no, but recently I have been trying to say no occasionally, yet I still find that I am too busy, running on dry and just not quite managing to do everything that needs to be done.   I have also found that I am making mistakes, errors that I would not normally make, I have double booked myself twice, I missed customers when I should have attended to, at the very least cut their grass, and I have turned up for appointments an hour late.  

Now I know I am trying to do a lot of different things, I also know that it is a long time since I have had a holiday, but it dawned on my yesterday that it is a long time since I have had a Sabbath.   we often think of Sabbath as a Holy day, a day devoted to worship, to Religion, to God; but the truth is that a Sabbath is a day devoted to us.   One day a week when we do nothing, just relax, recover and recharge our batteries.    When Genesis tells us that on the seventh day God rested, it is not telling us that the omnipotent creator of all things was tired and needed a rest, it was telling us that we shoudl take a day of each and every week.   With one thing and another I haven't done that for a long time.

So yesterday after my one appointment in the morning I tried to do nothing, it wasn't easy and I didn't do very well, I still did a bit of washing up and some laundry, but I did try to relax.

Today I have been to Church and have cooked myself a nice lunch, maybe it would be nice to just relax for the rest of the day, but as with most Sundays I have an Orchestra rehearsal I need to attend.   I must try to take that day off every week, that way I may just function a bit better on the other six.

No comments: