Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Guess what I did at work Yesterday?

Before
January is the worst month of the year for me, work wise.  It is cold, there's not so much to do, if it snows I can't even see the work, and the days are shorter.   All in all a pretty miserable time.   It wouldn't be so bad, or perhaps I should say it won't be so bad! if money was a little more plentiful and I could just fly off somewhere warmer for a bit. But at the moment it means that a lot of the time I am stuck at home feeling cold and fed up.

After

Yesterday was a good day, cold and bright, a nice winter's day, and I had something useful to get on with.   Unfortunately this was a bit of a highlight for the week, since the ground is still so waterlogged that I am very limited as to what I can do outdoors.

Add to this the frustration of my computer going seriously wrong, and I'm generally not a happy bunny.   My laptop is my prime computer, well really it is my sole computer, I do not have a smart phone or a tablet and haven't had a desk top for decades!

I am about to take my machine over to the computer Doctor, in the hope that he can mend it and still leave me enough money to pay my income tax this month. Ho-hum!

No comments: