Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 23 August 2014

Who am I?

The other day I noticed a comment on Stana's Femulate which made an observation about "Gender Blogs", now it is usually the poss on blogs that get me thinking but this comment made me wonder, what is it that makes a "Gender Blog"? and is this one?

It seems that I'm not the only one thinking along these lines at the moment, Cyrsti noted on her Condo that she had made a few "genderless posts" and the wonderful Hanna wondered of she should be writing about more than just clothes and makeup, I enjoy these blogs and would say to them both, don't try to change, just carry on doing what comes naturally.

Certainly it was my gender issues that made me start the blog, it soon became a safe place for me to note my thoughts and feelings, and occasionally get some feedback from people who had walked this path before me.   It was a chance to talk about my outings, discuss my latest clothing purchases and talk about makeup.   But soon the rest of my life leaked in.   I am not just transgender but many other things as well, so I hope that is reflected in my blog, I know the blogs I enjoy reading most are reflect the whole person, not just their gender identity.   Sure it may be their gender identity that started me reading, but it is the quality of the writing, and the variety of the posts that makes me keep reading.

So do I have a gender blog?, or a gardening blog?, or maybe a music blog? or even (dare I even breath the word) a Christian blog? I hope the answer is yes too all of them.

I maybe a Trans Woman, but that's just one simple aspect of who I am, if I have to be defined I think I would rather be defined by my enthusiasms and talents rather than something I just happen to be, so if you must stick a label on me can it say "Tuba player" or "Gardener" or maybe even "Adopted son and high priest of the almighty God".   And finally; now that Gloria has gone, there are no longer any Trannies in this household!

No comments: