Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 10 August 2014

Good Bye Frank

The big breaking news here in the UK this morning is the transition of Boxing Promoter Frank Maloney, now known as Kelly.   I heard the news on the radio lying in bed this morning and followed up by reading the original piece in the Mirror.  

I am happy to leave it to these articles to give you the news, I was struck by two things, firstly here is a woman who has been occupying what is ostensibly a highly aggressive masculine role in a highly competitive aggressively masculine world, and people say she must be brave to come out, I think she was brave to survive so long hidden.

The second is the involvement of an organisation called TG Pals, this is a new organisation to me, and I am just a little worried as my group has just undergone a transition of it's own, a new group has emerged out of the old Croydon Trans Group, and is now known as Trans PALS, for Trans People Across London South.   I do hope that the similarity of the two names will not cause any confusion

Anyway, I have updated. my links at the side so take a look at our new (but still evolving) website.

(Also I love Kelly's dress!)

No comments: