Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 29 August 2014

A bit of a pain in the ...........

I was not quite truthful in my last post; after writing it I remembered that on Tuesday it rained vigorously all day, and in consequence I did the square root of bugger all very little except sit around listening to the radio or watching TV most of the day.   I did spend quite a lot of time catching up with all the Blogs and online comics I follow and generally wasting time.   At about eight O'clock I realised that I still hadn't even got my shopping so a quick trip down to Tesco's followed, even though I thought I was being reasonably careful, it came as a bit of a shock when I got to the check out and my bill came to over £100. I had only bought three items where the price went into double figures, there were an awful lot of items very few of which were less than £1.   Still I am now stocked up with all the staples and necessary stuff for keeping a household going.

It surprises me how long some things last, and how quickly I get through some others.   I can't remember the last time I bought bleach (I really don't like the stuff) or oven cleaner, but seem to be buying loo rolls and washing up liquid all the time.   Even though I have lived on my own for over a year now and for many years before marriage I still haven't managed to get used to sustained organised housekeeping.

All of this is an aside to the reason for my apparent lethargy, for a while now I have been suffering with a loose tooth, most of the time it has been a little inconvenient, occasionally there has been some discomfort, but over the weekend it developed into full blow toothache, in consequence Sunday night I barely slept at all, Monday was busy with lots of cooking, cleaning and then a dreadful journey home, followed by another uncomfortable night.

Since then I have been living on ibuprofen, but will be at the dentist this afternoon (first available appointment), hopefully having the offending tooth removed.   I haven't been to the dentist for some time so I hope that he doesn't find too much else that will need doing, especially if it is expensive stuff!   I also hope that I will not have much residual pain as I will be meeting a friend this evening.   A friend I have known for many years, he knows about Paula but this will be the first time he will have met her, so I want to present myself well, and not be distracted by pain!

No comments: