Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 21 February 2014

Result!

This morning's initial session went very well.   I decided that I would go in fem garb, but not overly glam.   I wore a grey sweater skinny jeans knee boots and leather jacket, my make-up was similarly understated.   I decided that this outfit would serve several purposes.

  1. I thought it would make it easier for me to talk about this aspect of myself.
  2. It would serve as a visual aid to show how serious I am.
  3. It would show what sort of a woman I am, not all miniskirts and high heels but a normal middle aged woman dressed appropriately for her age and the situation.
The man I saw was totally cool, even asked how I wished to be addressed so I guess he may have come across these situations before, asked a lot of questions and made a lot of notes.    I will have to wait for a while to find out whether they are going to refer me to the GID clinic, but he is going to refer me for counselling.   In all honesty that is exactly what I want.   I am not sure that I am ready for all that might be involved with a referral to Charring Cross, no I am sure that I am not ready for all that might be involved with a referral to Charring Cross.

The opportunity to talk through all aspects of my situation with a professional is exactly what I need.

No comments: