Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 11 December 2013

No Winners

A while back I started a post stating that "I woke up this morning feeling rather blue, it's not all that surprising I'm an ancient Briton you see" There is a special Tufty Badge surprise winners present for anyone who gets that one!"  of course no one managed win the Tufty Badge, this is a reference to Mike Absalom's maybe not so famous Saga of the Ancient Briton, I first came across this song on the seminal album Hector and other Pecadillos, a little later I saw him playing at a Student's Union do, he was a young, tall slim hippie and just too cool for his own good.   nearly forty years later I can still remember most of the words to this song and others like "Royal Borough Blues" from the album I haven't heard for years.

No comments: