Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 4 April 2013

Not a lot

Just to say, well not much. Life goes on but not necessarily easily. We got a letter the other day from the BRIT school telling us that our daughter had not got a place, we have just spent the last couple of hours drafting an appeal, please pray for her, a place there would be so good for her. She has real talent and just needs the right chance and environment to develop.   I know I am biased but I am assured by friends in the business that she is special.

So apart from that not much to report, I have a concert at the weekend which I am looking forward to, with slightly mixed feelings, a chance to dress up and t play the trombone, but on the other hand I a woefully out of practise and will have t do the concert on one rehearsal.   Today I did manage a small outing.   Not a lot but I went and had my hair done, Nicky suggests that I have my hair permed to give it some volume, it looks so much better after a blow dry I am inclined to agree, I am just a little concerned about how it will look while I am in drab.   I should have had a photo for you to comment on but it's late and I'm tired.

As I said I had a little outing I was dressed, I don't like to confuse people and my hairdresser only knows Paula, after having my hair done I went to a Garden Centre and bought some onion sets, then at the check out I go "Sired" my confidence plummeted.   After that I went to the Building Society, there they are always friendly and have a chat with me, one of the cashiers in particular is always keen to check my nails and talk about them, after that I popped into a pub to pick up an entry form for a talent show they are hosting.   While there I had a couple of gasses of wine and a nice chat with the barmaid, who called me "sweety" or something of the sort and was very accepting, so there you go then.

1 comment:

Joni Roberta said...

Thanks for the change.
This combination is easier to read.

I'll be praying for your daughter to get into a good school. Our daughter is gifted in several ways. After she was in a full time gifted program in elementary school, we tried to get her into one of the best middle schools but there were no openings., so she went to the mediocre school that is our district. At least they had an OK band.

Eventually we got her to the school her brothers attended, which had a wonderful band teacher. The boys took a second band class in eighth grade, so they could learn a different instrument! One played trumpet and trombone and the other played tuba and drums.

But I understand how much pressure there is to give a good performance when you're not prepared.

Good luck in all your quests!