Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 6 April 2013

IDAHO

No not the North Western US state, but the International Day Homophobia and Transphobia (IDAHO)on May 17th.   I only heard about this day earlier today, quite possibly because I have not been able to go to a single support group meeting yet this year (and it looks like I will be missing this month's as well), obviously this looks like just the sort of thing we should all be supporting.   Even in a Country like the UK where it has been illegal for some time to act with prejudice against anyone because of their race, religion or sexual orientation, and indeed it may now be considered to be a "hate crime" to display or act on your prejudice, even here we still regularly experience Homophobia and Transphobia.
In Croydon we are planing to have a "bit of a do" involving a few of the local Churches and a talk and a few prayers, we also want to sing some hymns and songs, and this is where I get a little uncomfortable, as I have been asked to put a band together for the occasion.   I have a lot of local contacts and normally this would not be a problem, but because I tend to keep Paula and him separate it would mean either outing myself in a big way, or getting others I don't know so well involved.

This afternoon (Saturday) and evening I will be playing with the LGSW so I will see if any of them are free and willing, after all we only need four players to make it work.

No comments: