Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 27 February 2013

More on Counselling

This is just a quick post to say that last night we had our penultimate counselling session,I aim to write more on this later but we finally tackled the "Elephant in the room",  I don't mean the jazz singer elephants Gerald (sorry) I mean my Trans Gender nature.   By being in a position where we were forced to talk about this I think we now both understand each other and ourselves better.   The important thing is that we are committed to each other, we are committed to our marriage and to our family, and have committed to working "it" out together.

My wife is much more accepting than she was, the more she finds out the closer she comes to understanding and accepting, but we still have a way to go.   I think we will make it.

Our counsellor did ask some very pertinent questions and I may come back to some of these later, for now I will just recount one exchange.

counsellor ~ "J I struggle to understand this do you?2
J ~" not really but I am looking into it and I now know that it won't go away"
P ~ "Hey I don't understand this and I've been doing it for over 40 years, what chance do you stand2

1 comment:

LL Cool Joe said...

Sounds like your wife is gradually accepting your trans side. That must be tough for her, but good news for you.