Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 26 January 2013

Parallels

As I mentioned here I have been spending far too much time over the last week or so during the bad weather surfing around the Internet.   There are a lot of interesting things out there, there are of course also a lot very strange and unpleasant things.

One of the interesting things I found is Frock Magazine, a quarterly on line publication specifically for the cross dressing / trans audience (I'm not at all sure that there is such a thing as a trans community).   There are a few interesting articles and but top of my list is of course a cartoon. Hanna will be putting a cartoon each edition, but she also has a blog where she is showing her biography in the form of cartoons ~ now I recon that's pretty cool, I particularly liked this one.

This is just such a close reflection of my own development / evolution as a crossdresser.   I think the only real difference is the time scale, over the last couple of years I have gone from some furtive dressing at home, knowing I looked ridiculous with a beard and wearing a dress, to fully shaving, going out into society fully dressed and made up.   The interesting parallel is that I find I am moving into a more casual style, some of that is enforced by my marital situation, but it is also that as I am moving more in general society it seems more appropriate.

I wonder if this is a fairly usual progression, from the furtive to the relaxed via the inappropriate, and some just get stalled along the way, one thing I do suspect about this particular road though is that it is one way, I really do not think that we can easily go back to one of the earlier stages.

I want to put up a link to Frock  but have a small technical problem, they have provided me with some code but I don't know where to put it, or indeed how to, so if you have any suggestions let me know.   Also please let me know what you think of the new layout, I have been having a bit of a fiddle around.

2 comments:

Angela Morgan said...

I have noticed the changes in your blog layout. I find this latest style to be quite pleasant to read as it has a larger font size on my computer screen.

LL Cool Joe said...

Looks good to me too I'd just prefer it you un-tick the "Scroll with Blog" feature when you add a new background. I dunno I just prefer to see the one static image but that maybe just me. You did ask!