Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 25 January 2013

A day at the Museum

We had a little more snow on Wednesday, not much but it certainly didn't do much in the way of aiding the thaw, so yesterday morning once again I looked out and saw settled snow, with the same again this morning, not much but enough to stop me doing any of the work I have in hand, as well as the lack of income I am beginning to get stir crazy, I need to get out and dig, chop, or lop something.   I find it very depressing and frustrating when I have work to do, customers waiting, but the weather won't allow it.   It is quite nice to have the time off, but when it's not my plan, when I am not in control, not making the choice then it gets very frustrating.   And, I need the money to be coming in, especially with income tax due at the end of the month.

At least we did get out for a bit yesterday, as it was my wife's birthday she took the day off and we spent a pleasant couple of hours visiting the Horniman museum.   We particularly like the aquarium and the musical instrument gallery, but there is a pretty eclectic collection here, based on the original Horniman collection donated to Londoners back in 1901.   It was nice to just spend a bit of time together, just the two of us, no daughter or Mother craving attention, no customers needing stuff done.

After that she went to visit her mother in Hospital (knee replacement) and then we had a nice dinner and a bottle of wine at home.   So not such a bad day really ~ if I could just get some work done.

No comments: