Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 8 November 2012

Busy Again

While it may be slightly odd coming from  Knute of all people, it is nice to be treated like a lady.
 

I think that for me it is one of the joys of my forays out "en femme" when I am not only accepted as a woman, but treated like a lady.   Now I have to admit that it does not happen very often but when it does I will admit to a little thrill, it is not just a sign that my presentation is good it is also a validation of my femininity.

I don't know when I will be out next, to a certain extent that depends as much on the weather as anything else.   This Saturday my support group has a meeting, but I will not be there as I will be at another event in Maidstone with my family and a brace of tubas.   I have quite a lot on musically, last night I had a rehearsal of my wind band (on EEb) on Saturday I will be playing at this worship event (on CC) on Sunday evening I will be playing at our evening service (electric bass) and then on Monday and Tuesday I will be playing with the London Charity Orchestra at St John's Smith Sq. (on bass trombone) then Wednesday it's back at the wind band again.   With everything else going on I need to do some practise, so any free time must be spent doing that rather than "playing dress up".

2 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Wow you are busy musically. So do you need to practice a lot? I'm good friends with Julian Lloyd Webber and he still practices for hours each day!

Paula said...

That's a great name to drop! I played in the first performance of the orchestrated version of his father's mass a few years ago at Southwark Cathedral.

They say the difference between an amateur and a pro is the amateur practises until they can play it right, a pro practises until they can't play it wrong. We all need to practise a fair bit just to maintain a standard, I really need to practise more than I do.