Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 1 October 2012

A Day Out

Wells Cathedral
Since it is pouring with rain here and I can't get on with any work outdoors, I have bitten the bullet and booked an Hotel for Friday night.    As I mentioned here I have arranged a day off to visit Wells Cathedral, I am hoping that this will be a nice leisurely day, I may go via Oxfordshire as I have just sold something on e-bay and it may be easier to deliver than pack up and send, after that I will make my way down to Wells, lunch and then I will spend some time looking around the Cathedral and the City.   As this is the smallest city in the Country I hope that around four hours will be enough.
The Hotel

The Hotel is only a short drive away from Wells, I will be staying at the Best Western, Webbington Hotel. This is a Country House style hotel which looks rather good, I managed to get a decent deal and am looking forward to a good night at the end of a good day. Now I have to start thinking about my packing, which of course means planning what I am going to wear!   As the place looks a bit posh I am thinking about dressing up a bit for dinner, maybe my LBD, it is a little short but I don't get many chances to try for a bit of glamour.

Saturday morning I will be travelling on to Cardiff to spend the weekend with my Mother.   I trust that having a nice relaxing Friday and a short drive in the morning will give me time to do a little shopping before getting to Mum's for lunch on Saturday, and make me a bit more relaxed when I get home on Sunday night, and ultimately for my holiday at the end of the month.

In the mean time I have to get through what is looking like an increasingly hectic week.

No comments: