Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 2 August 2012

It's nice to say Thank You

Yesterday I spent a little time helping our Church youth leader pick up a couple of sofas for the youth group's meeting room.   Nothing special just an hour or so with the van, this is the sort of little thing that I am more than happy to help out with.   Its nice to be able to help, to use what I have to save others expense time or problems, so I didn't really think much more about it.   That is I didn't thin much more about it until said Youth Leader popped round this evening to say thank you, along with a tray of toffee.

I like toffee, but haven't had any for ages, but  more to the point it is nice when people say thank you.   When I do help I don't do it for the thanks, but it just makes you feel so good when somebody does than you, it is an acknowledgement that you have done something extra, that you have put yourself out and that your help is valued.   As well as enjoying the toffee I feeling really good and valued, because he took the trouble to say thank you.

A lesson for all of us, sometimes it is nice to say thank you.   It is simple and it doesn't cost anything so lets all remember when somebody does something for us lets thank them.

3 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog I appreciate it. :)

... and thank you for having this great blog too, it's always fun to come here and read what you have to say.

How's that? :D

Anonymous said...

I think "Thank You" and "Please" are the three most important words in the English language. They keep us connected.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula: I used your Betty Boop clip art in a Thank You email I sent out. I couldn't agree with you more. Saying Thank You and showing it are very critical in life, and timeliness is just as important. Thank You.