Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 24 August 2012

A Little Planing

Next week my wife and daughter are away for a few days, and you know what they say, "While the Cat's away the mice will play" and this mouse intends to play, at least a little.   The reason why I'm not going with them is simply because I cannot afford to take the time off work during the summer.   This is the time when I should be making the money that will see us through the winter, and a weeks holiday would not only give me the cost of the holiday but also the loss of the income for  a week.

Having said that I had hoped to organise at least a day and a half maybe two whole days off during the week.   The way things are stacking up it looks like it will just be the one day and the evenings.   As I have a commitment on Monday and need to have the house looking respectable for when they come home on Friday so it only looks like a couple of evenings as well.  

One of the problems girls in my situation have is laundry, so one of the first things I plan to do is get my washing done.   One of the reason that we have so many undies is the problem of getting them clean.   Unlike most people I can't just wash and hang them up when ever I want some clean I have to wait until I have at least a full day to wash dry and hide again,this does mean that with almost a full week I will be able to go through my whole wardrobe, washing and ironing whatever need doing.

All in all I am set for a very busy week with plenty of work during the day and lots of Paula activities in the evenings.

1 comment:

scalesman said...

Enjoy your time to yourself. It can be very liberating just to have the freedom to have the house to yourself so you can think about what to wear.

It is also good to have a chance to get your laundry done. There are times when this is an issue so I have adopted the rather odd but simple and effective practice of placing my panties and pantyhose in the shower with me while I take my evening shower. As the garments sit on the floor over the train they get soaked with soapy water and that manages to remove the days wear. I would then hand wring them out and then hang them over a chair or if more discretion were needed place them on a hanger under a shirt in the closet. I find that this practice gets them adequately fresh and clean.

So many aspects of being a closet CD call for "necessity being the mother of invention".

Pat