Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 16 April 2012

Saturday's hair conundrum


Saturday Morning, I got up early having got myself packed and prepared on Friday night, I just needed to get dressed and on the road.   Once I was dressed and made up I was about to put on my wig, but looking again in the mirror I decided that I would go without.   I stopped off to get some breakfast (just a sandwich to eat on the journey) and to fill up with diesel, I did engage in conversation with a couple of people both of whom were very friendly and chatty, just treating me as any other female customer.
I had to stop for a comfort break so called ahead to the Hospital from the motorway services I found that Mum would not be home till after 2:00 p.m. so didn’t hurry.   Instead stopping of at the Cardiff Matalan, here I did try on a few dresses, I thought I might pick myself up something to replace the departed Roxanne dress, I tried a couple of red dresses and one pink one.   Both of the red dresses were cut in such a way across the neckline that they would very quickly become uncomfortable, the pink one I rather liked, but resisted on the basis of why spend money on something that I don’t know if I will get a chance to wear.   Later I went to Tesco’s primarily to stock up mum’s larder.   For all of this I was dressed, made up and even had pretty pink finger nails, but no wig, I felt more comfortable, and nobody seemed to read me, or if they did notice at least nobody commented or paid me any undue attention.

This now begs the question am I going to persevere with wigs, or shall I just wear my own hair from now on?   This is particularly pertinent as I have just acquired an additional wig, it is a shoulder length straight black one made from human hair, I quite like the style, but am not convinced by the colour, maybe it is just that it is so long since I saw black hair on my head that it is strange.   No photo of the black wig, it is just too scary!

2 comments:

Pretty Sissy Dani said...

My recommendation: If it won't give the wife the willies, let your hair grow out just a bit longer, so you can get it a little lower over your ears and maybe some kind of bangs, to create a feminine "pixie" cut when you go out as Paula. (See some of the pics on my blog of Dani without a wig.)

Samantha said...

if you feel confident without your wig then i would go natural. Summer is coming up and wigs will make you hotter.

You could just use your wigs for 'going glamourous' on nights out etc.

xoxox