Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 26 December 2011

Lingering Longingly over Lingerie

The title of this post comes from a comment on BBC Radio 4's World at One news program yesterday (Friday) as they were discussing Christmas shopping.   This made me wonder about who buys lingerie and why.   We often talk on cross dressing blogs and fora about the potential embarrassment of buying lingerie for ourselves, but thinking about it I suspect that most lingerie is bought buy men, for themselves.   Maybe not to wear themselves but for their own pleasure.   And the lingerie bought by women, well I suspect that that is primarily for the pleasure of men as well.

What I think I'm getting at here is that when I look in my Wife's knicker drawer, her underwear is practical and comfortable, not frilly and thrilly.   I suspect that is also the case with the vast majority of mature ladies.
Christmas Lingerie for Men
When I started cross dressing any undies I could get my hands on would do, then as I got a little older, with my own income and space I would indulge myself with "exotic" but highly impractical lingerie.   Now I am more mature, go out dressed regularly, and stay that way as long as possible (three days is my current record see France) I find that the contents of my knicker are growing closer to my wife's.   More and more I will favour comfortable cotton rather than skimpy and lacy, warmth over feeling trussed up.   Don't get me wrong I still want to look and feel glamorous, I still want to be elegant, I just don't want to be reminded of what's underpinning the presentation, I want to be able to forget my undies, relax and enjoy my outings.

Well this ended up being a bit heavier than I expected, I only expected to be writing about men buying naughty knickers for their wives and girlfriends.

1 comment:

Penny Clare said...

Hmm, it would be very nice to be able to slip on a pair of elegant briefs, but I fear the bulge would not do.
8-)

By the way, I think you are completely right about who buys 'lingerie'. Comfy is definitely the order of the day chez nous.
Penny