Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Update

Smudge is still not well, but he is getting better.   At the end of last week we were very worried about him, we have now found out that the vet was not really expecting to him to make it to this week.   My wife took him in again today and he had another steroid shot.   He is on the mend but not yet out of the woods.  

He has a viral infection, but is fighting it off, now he needs to drink a lot more, and feed up he is just a bag of bones at the moment.   He has always been a bit skinny but now it is extreme, so he is going to get spoilt rotten over the next month or so, the only trouble is trying to find something that he likes.   He is such a fussy eater that it is difficult.

Ripple "Helping"
His brother, Ripple on the other hand is a totally different matter, he is in robust good health and is very muscular, as can been seen from the photo he also takes a keen interest in my blogs.

I'm still not sure whether I will get out to my support group meeting this weekend, but it is not looking hopeful,   If I don;t go then I shall have to find myself another opportunity, I just need to let Paula out every now and again.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I'm so glad to hear that smudge is getting better.
Our pets can bring such joy to our lives but they can also be a worry when they are not well.

wdn th said...

i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
u can contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com

Arianwen said...

I'm sorry to hear that Smudge is not fully mended, and I hope for everyone's sake that he does beat the viral infection.

I have been adopted by two cats (litter-mates), and they allow me to feed them quite regularly, to the point that they are around 1.5 stone (or about 10 kg or 20 pounds, depending on your favourite weight measurement).

The more affectionate of the two, Blackie, has a condition that the vet calls "Mega-colon" so we have to feed her some medicine twice per day on top of canned food. The other one, Michelle, has to be locked in our bedroom at feeding time to make sure that Blackie has enough time to consume all of the medicine pooled into her food. Now if we can just get Blackie to use the litterbox all of the time, I'd be very happy!

I'm sending happy and healing thoughts your way for all there who need it!